Kencko – the powdered supplement mix that claims to help you get the nourishment of organic smoothies without the fuss. Is this supplement comparable to healthy shakes? What kind of ingredients can you expect in the formula?
To find out the answers to these questions, our researchers delved into Kencko ingredients, claims, potential side effects, and more. Make sure to read to the bottom line to see our final verdict on this product!
Kencko can be purchased through their Official Site.
What is Kencko?
In Japanese, the word “kencko” means healthy. The makers of Kencko smoothies designed a powdered fruit and vegetable drink mix that lets you make a smoothie on-the-go so, you can increase the number of servings of fruits and vegetables you consume daily in a quick and easy fashion.
Can these products help improve health? A quick look into the ingredient research can give some insight:
- International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition: According to the findings in this study, “The retention of fibre in these smoothies may have a potential positive effect on glycaemic response and may contribute to daily fibre requirements.”
- Health Education and Behavior: Smoothie consumption may lead to increased fruit in the diet.
- International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition: This study found that fruit smoothie consumption was associated with increased energy intake in this study.
Who Makes Kencko?
The Kencko company maintains offices in the United States, Europe, and Singapore. Its main locations are in New York City and Lisbon. One of their US offices is located at 16192 Coastal Hwy. Lewes, DE 19958. It hires a remote work staff of registered dieticians, customer retention managers, research and innovation staff, backend and full-stack engineers, and marketing staff.
The Kencko brand has a Better Business Bureau (BBB) page, but they are not accredited. The BBB has rated the company an “F” because they’ve failed to respond to complaints filed by customers on the site.
Kencko is a Certified B Corporation dedicated to helping create a sustainable economy. To maintain this certification, the company maintains specific standards of social performance, environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
To contact the customer service department of Kencko, you can email [email protected].
The Kencko company claims that it chooses only fresh, ripe organically grown fruits and vegetables “from the farm,” then flash freezes them to ensure they lose no minerals, vitamins, fiber, carbohydrates, or protein.
The produce then goes through a slow-drying process in which a gentle heat process removes the water without affecting aroma, color, or taste. It does affect the amount of sugar present in the produce, creating an increase as the produce becomes a powder. Once powdered, the produce gets blended in small batches to form the smoothie mixes.
The company claims that their process creates “food as medicine.” This refers to the names of each of the smoothies since the company’s dietitians developed each to tackle a common problem, such as training recovery, concentration, energy, etc. It essentially, in theory, works like an energy drink would.
The ingredients of Kencko smoothies vary depending on the flavor, but each flavor has in common that it uses only organic ingredients to provide optimum nutrition. Fruit and vegetables picked when ripe get flash-frozen, then ground to powdered form. The flavors of smoothie feature two names, one a color family, the other their intended use.
Which four ingredients prove most helpful to weight loss?
Grapefruit tops the list at only 39 calories. It serves as an important source of vitamins A and C plus it slowly releases sugars into your bloodstream. It also maintains effectiveness whether mixed into a salad, eaten alone, or mixed into a smoothie.
The high fiber content of apples has contributed to a loss of two pounds per week in studies of women who only used three apples a day as snacks.
Berries make a filling snack chock full of vitamins C and K as well as manganese. Blueberries and strawberries top the list of effective berries.
Stone fruits, those fruits with a pit at the center, such as apricots, cherries, nectarines, peaches, and plums, provide high levels of vitamins A and C. The South American passion fruit has only 17 calories, but packs itself with fiber, vitamins A and C, potassium, and iron.
The lowest calorie smoothies are Ambers and Aquamarines. They both only have 60 calories.
- Ambers REPAIR: The ingredients for this flavor include apple, banana, baobab powder, chia seeds, dates, passion fruit, turmeric, and yellow beetroot.
- Aquamarines ENDURANCE: The ingredients of the aquamarine flavor include blue spirulina, dates, fennel seed, lime, parsnip, peach, pineapple, and zucchini.
- Corals PERFORMANCE: The ingredients of the coral flavor include apple, beetroot, carrot, ginger, mango, and orange.
- Crimsons BRAIN BOOST: The ingredients of the crimson flavor include apple, acai, banana, chia seeds, cinnamon, mango, and strawberry.
- Golds RECOVERY: The ingredients of the gold flavor include cacao, banana, strawberry, pea protein, dates, baobab powder, flax seeds.
- Greens ENERGY SURGE: The ingredients of this flavor include apple, banana, ginger, kale, kiwi, pineapple, and spinach.
- Jades MENTAL FOCUS: The ingredients of the jade flavor include apple, banana, chia seeds, dates, kombucha, lime, matcha, spirulina, and zucchini.
- Mochas MENTAL FOCUS: The ingredients of the mocha flavor include baobab powder, cacao beans, Chaga mushroom, cinnamon, coffee, dates, maqui berry, strawberry, and shiitake mushroom.
- Peaches SKIN HEALTH: The ingredients of the peach flavor include apple, baobab powder, carrot, coconut water, flax seeds, peach, rhubarb, strawberry, and sweet potato.
- Pumpkins RECOVERY: The ingredients of the pumpkin flavor include pumpkin, mango, dates, pea protein, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, and vanilla.
- Purples ANTI-INFLAMMATORY: The ingredients of the purple flavor include five members of the berry family known for weight loss – blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, cranberry, and strawberry, plus banana and dates.
- Reds SKIN HEALTH: The ingredients of the red flavor include strawberry, raspberry, apple, banana, chia seeds, dates, and ginger.
- Rubies BALANCE: The ingredients of the ruby flavor include goji berry, raspberry, apple, dates, orange, maca, pumpkin, red pepper, sweet potato.
- Scarlets INVIGORATION: The ingredients of this flavor include apple, banana, spinach, dates, chia seeds, cayenne pepper, kombucha, and tomato.
- Yellows IMMUNE SUPPORT: The ingredients of the yellow flavor include apple, banana, carrot, cinnamon, mango, and pineapple.
- Spicy Tomatoes (new flavor) – GET GLOWING INGREDIENTS: The ingredients of this flavor include tomato, celery root, red bell pepper, strawberry, carrot cranberry, onion, rhubarb, cayenne pepper, garlic, white pepper, and salt.
- Beet Reds – PERFORMANCE INGREDIENTS: The ingredients of this flavor include apple, strawberry, beetroot, banana, raspberry, carrot, cranberry, and lucuma.
- Matcha Greens – STAY SHARP INGREDIENTS: The ingredients of this flavor include apple, zucchini, orange, cucumber, matcha, spinach, and cranberry.
- Blushes – GET GLOWING INGREDIENTS: The ingredients of this flavor include mango, papaya, strawberry, passionfruit, orange, lucuma, carrot, beet, apple, cayenne, and pepper.
- Mint Greens -MENTAL FOCUS INGREDIENTS: The ingredients of this flavor include apple, mango, banana, orange, cucumber, sweet potato, parsnip, spearmint, wheatgrass, and ginger.
- Gumdrops Bananarama: banana,sweet potato, agave fiber, apple, lemon
- Gumdrops Berrylicious: strawberry, beetroot, pumpkin, chicory root, apple, lemon
- Gumdrops Gingerella: orange, carrot, ginger, agave fiber, apple, lemon
- Gumdrops Passionista: mango, passionfruit, turmeric, agave fiber, apple, lemon
- Mush-vroom Bowls: Wild mushroom cousotto
- Souper-fast Bowls: Minestrone
- Easy Chickpeasy Bowls: Mediterranean “couscous”
- Beet That Bowls: Beetroot soup
- Speed Dhal Bowls: Lentil dhal
Does Kencko Work?
Since each of the powder packets contains two servings of organic fruits and vegetables per day, yes it does make it simple to get more vegetables and fruits quickly.
You can drink two of these smoothies per day and consume four of the five needed servings of fruits and vegetables in a healthy diet. This option provides certified organic, gluten-free, real nourishment with no added sugars.
Kencko and Weight Loss
These instant smoothies were not developed for weight loss. It is to help you consume a healthier diet each day, but not for losing weight. However, research in the Nutrition Journal and Current Nutrition and Food Science noted that meal replacements, in general, can aid in weight loss.
There is some research concerning smoothies and their effects on general health too. For example, Foods found that certain smoothies have high amounts of carotenes, which can be beneficial to health.
Additionally, research noted in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture found that green smoothies could aid in vitamin b12 consumption. On the other hand, Food Chemistry found that adding certain foods to your smoothies could increase its nutritional density.
However, the kind of processing Kencko uses for its smoothie powders may not be completely reliable, per another study published in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. Additionally, the powder may produce lots of food waste, according to Environmental Research.
Kencko Side Effect
There are no reported side effects. One review read did not like the taste and had a violent reaction to it, but otherwise, its reviews and articles written on the topic report no side effects. It is just vegetables and fruits with no additives, so there is not an ingredient that should cause problems.
It does contain caffeine in some of the mixes. Coffee is an ingredient in one and kombucha is an ingredient in another two.
How to Use Kencko?
The smoothies come with a bottle for mixing. You pour in the packet contents then add water to the water line on the bottle. Seal the bottle and shake it to mix the powder and make your smoothie.
Cost and Where to Buy
You can only purchase the mixes directly from Kencko. It sometimes lists sales and discounts of up to 20 percent. The smoothies come as a subscription box with seven to 60 packets per box. The cost per serving ranges from $2 to $5 per drink.
Kencko Return Policy
If you’d like to return your first box of smoothies or gumdrops, just send an email to [email protected] within 28 days of purchase for either a refund, store credit, or replacement.
Pros and Cons
- Two servings of fruits and vegetables per shake
Smoothies are rich in vitamins and minerals
- Some complain of bad taste
Kencko Reddit Reviews
Reddit has over 130,000 active communities, making it an excellent place to get information about products. There are almost 2.8 million subreddits packed with reviews and comments. With nearly 600 searches completed each month on Google for Kencko Reddit reviews, it’s no surprise how popular it is. We researched Kencko reviews on Reddit to see how people felt.
While there are no dedicated communities, we were able to find tons of comments about Kencko. Our research turned up Reddit reviews on both sides of the argument. A bunch of people had concerns about the product. They were not fans of the texture, or taste and felt that it was too watery. There were also reports that they ship the wrong flavors even if you change your scheduled order.
What Users Are Saying
“This product is the real deal. It’s super tasty and healthy. Recommended!”
“Honestly I expected to find more flavor in these. With simple dehydrated fruits/vegetables in powdered form, it should have had a great flavor of just the ingredients. Instead it was VERY bland. Considering some of the ingredients, I’m not sure how they managed to make it bland.”
“I did not like the taste or the consistency.”
Bottom Line on Kencko Results
They claim to use the world’s best produce and while it is good to use organic, that claim may be a bit over the top. It is a non-GMO product and you could use it as a part of a healthy diet.
The product was not developed as a weight loss product, but you might lose a couple of pounds by replacing an unhealthy snack with these smoothies, especially when paired with a comprehensive weight-loss program like Noom.
We like that Noom makes it easy to lose weight by offering 1:1 health coaching, educational tools, food logging, exercise tracking, and more. You can take advantage of a free trial offer available from the program for a limited time.
|Kencko Customers Also Bought:
Free Trial Offer
|Explanation of Chart
Kencko Questions & Answers
Kencko smoothies are a powdered fruit and vegetable drink mix designed to help individuals increase the number of servings of fruits and vegetables they consume daily in a quick and easy fashion.
Drinking Kencko smoothies makes it simple to get more vegetables and fruits quickly. Each of the powder packets contains two servings of organic fruits and vegetables per day, so you can consume four of the five needed servings of fruits and vegetables in a healthy diet.
There is some research concerning smoothies and their effects on general health. Certain smoothies have high amounts of carotenes, which can be beneficial to health, and green smoothies could aid in vitamin B12 consumption. Additionally, adding certain foods to your smoothies could increase their nutritional density.
No, Kencko smoothies were not developed for weight loss. They are designed to help you consume a healthier diet each day, but not for losing weight.
According to some customer reviews, Kencko smoothies are good because they offer the same nutritional benefits as fresh fruit smoothies and do not contain extra sugar.
Kencko can be purchased using their Official Site.
Kencko is not considered a meal replacement. Instead, the product is meant to be consumed as a nutritional boost for those who want to consume more fruits and vegetables.
Kencko costs about $2-3 per serving. A box with seven servings costs about $37, while a month’s supply costs about $80.
Some customer reviews claim the Crimson, Purple, and Red flavors are the best tasting, but the company offers over 18 flavor options for users to choose from.
The word “kencko” means “health” in Japanese.
For the best results, Kencko suggests mixing their powder mix with water.
Kencko does mention the fact that adding ice cubes to the liquid mixture can help the drink taste and mix better. The powder can also be added into regular blended smoothies.
The Kencko starter kit comes with a 10-ounce shaker bottle. the company suggests mixing one powder packet with 10 ounces of liquid, meaning the bottle can be used for those who want to quickly mix their drink.
The Kencko customer service department can be contacted by phone at 616-253-6256 or by email at [email protected].
Since Kencko is blitzed to a fine powder it can be used with a milk frother to mix smoothies.
It is recommended to drink Kencko smoothies 1-2 times a day. The suggested serving size is 8 fl oz per serving, so you can adjust the amount if necessary based on your individual needs. Additionally, it is important to keep up with healthy eating habits and an active lifestyle for best results.
There are no reported side effects. One review read did not like the taste and had a violent reaction to it, but otherwise, its reviews and articles written on the topic report no side effects.