Are you looking for a healthy way to get your recommended daily protein requirements? Look no further than Ora Organic products says the company. Our researchers caught a commercial for the company which sparked their interest.
Here the team uncovered the company’s history, ingredients, studies and more than either proves Ora Organic works as claimed or that it doesn’t. Let’s go!
Ora Organic can be purchased through their Official Site.
What is Ora Organic?
Founded in 2001, Ora Organic develops wellness products that increase vitality through plant-based nutrition. The company became popular after Ora Organic’s Shark Tank appearance.
Ora Organic offers plant-based products with all-natural ingredients for healthy living. The company provides a line of protein powders, probiotics, prebiotics, capsules, and green powders. One of their most popular products is protein powder. Many refer to it as “So Lean And So Clean.”
- Journal of Renal Nutrition – “Plant-based diets have been shown to reduce the risk of obesity” and health conditions related to obesity. As for pea proteins, they “may… produce some gastrointestinal upset or distress.”
- Amino Acids – Most plant-based protein powders can be made using a single plant or a combination of plants, including “oat, lupin and wheat.”
- Nutrients – “Plant-based diets appear to be viable options for adequately supporting athletic performance while concurrently contributing to overall physical and environmental health.”
Ora Organic Competitors
Who Makes Ora Organic?
Founded in 2015, Ora Organic is a supplement company. They offer plant-based nutritional supplements to help improve health. The name comes from the Maori greeting ‘Kia Ora’, which means ‘be well.’ After Ora Organic Shark Tank happened in 2017, the company has grown rapidly.
Their dedication to the transparency of their ethics and ingredients distinguishes them from most of the nutritional supplement market. They focus heavily on quality control and testing by third parties. Their supplements are ethically sourced and claim to improve your health.
Ora Organic Customer Service
You can reach Ora Organic’s customer service team at the following.
Chat: on their website
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: (858) 429 5591 9am-5pm CT, Monday to Friday.
The Ora Organic address is West 7th Street, Austin Texas, 78701
Popular Products From Ora Organic
Ora Organic makes various products- everything from plant-based protein powder to Ora Organic collagen powder and beyond. Here are some popular products.
- Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Vegan Vitamin D Tablets
- Organic Turmeric Curcumin Pills
- Probiotics Capsules/Powders
- Prebiotics Capsules/Powders
- Ora Organic Collagen Boosting Powder
- Greens Powder
- Ora Organic Preworkout Powder
- Digestive Enzymes Powder/Capsules
- Apple Cider Vinegar Tablets
- Ora Organic Vegan Protein Powder
Ora Organic Claims
Ora Organic claims to offer plant-based nutrition at the core of its products. When possible, they source organic ingredients only, and all of their products undergo rigorous testing.
Ora Organic Ingredients
The Ora Organic team works with the highest quality ingredients worldwide and creates upwards of 100 variations for taste testing. Their products are environmentally friendly, and they give vegan, vegetarians, and keto dieters a plant-based source for their protein. Some of Ora Organic ingredients include:
- Acerola Extract
- Coconut Milk
- Pea Protein
- Jerusalem Artichoke Inulin
- Monk Fruit Extract
- Neutral Protease
Do Ora Organic Products Work?
Many people are looking for alternatives to animal-based proteins. Ora Organic provides vegan, organic, and non-GMO plant-based products. Let’s take a closer look at the plant-based protein powder.
- Nutrients – “… there is a growing body of clinical evidence, especially in older adults, supporting health benefits associated with protein at or above current dietary protein intake recommendations. Among these health benefits are increases in lean body mass, functional benefits such as increased leg power or gait speed, and improved bone density.”
This study shows the positive effects of protein intake such as increased lean body mass, increased leg power and improved bone density. There’s clearly something good about protein. But, what about plant protein?
- Amino Acids – “Combinations of various plant-based protein isolates or blends of animal and plant-based proteins can provide protein characteristics that closely reflect the typical characteristics of animal-based proteins.”
Here we have a study that shows plant-based protein is not as nutritious as animal proteins. The author’s solution suggests combining plant and animal proteins to round out the nutritional profile or combining multiple plant-based proteins for the same effect.
- Sports – “… ingestion of whey and pea protein produce similar outcomes in measurements of body composition, muscle thickness, force production, WOD performance and strength.”
Here’s where things start turning. Whey protein is just as effective as pea protein in regards to body composition, WOD performance, thickness of the muscle and more. So, maybe plant-based isn’t as different as we think.
- Toxicology Reports – “Protein powder supplements may contain detectable levels of heavy metals [and] plant-based protein powder supplements tend to have a higher heavy metal burden than animal-based protein powder supplements.”
Finally, what worries us is that plant proteins have been shown to contain heavy metals that can cause serious health problems. Animal proteins carry less heavy metal.
Ora Organic and Weight Loss
When talking about weight loss we’re not sure Ora Organic plant-based protein is what people are looking for. Whole food plant-based diets have been shown in clinical research to improve weight loss. This likely happens because the cell walls are intact and thus, some of the calories in the food are trapped behind a fiber barrier. The body can’t digest those calories, according to the American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine.
There’s also the issue that protein powders are processed. For optimal health and weight loss, it is suggested that people eliminate all or most processed foods. The International Journal of Obesity published a study showing ultra-processed foods were associated with overweight and obesity.
The British Journal of Nutrition claims, “higher consumption of ultra-processed food is associated with excess weight, and that the association is more pronounced among women.”
Ora Organic Side Effects
Taking large doses of Ora Protein Powders in one go can lead to nausea, cramping, and bloating.
Cost and Where to Buy
The list of Ora Organic supplements and products is long. You can purchase directly from the company, or on sites like Amazon. Some of the prices are:
- Plant-based Probiotics with Prebiotics – $34.99/$27.99 on Subscribe & Save
- Apple Cider Vinegar Tablets – $18.99/$15.19 on Subscribe & Save
- So Lean & So Clean Protein Powder – $37.99/$30.39 on Subscribe & Save
- Pre-Workout Powder – $34.99/$27.99 on Subscribe & Save
- Greens Powder – $27.99/$22.39 on Subscribe & Save
Pros and Cons
- Contains no sugar or artificial sweeteners or flavors
- Organic and environment-friendly
- Free of dairy, soy, GMO, and gluten
- Multi-source protein
- High in fiber
- Low carbohydrate content
- Available in three flavors
- It has a powdery, chalky texture
- Processed plant protein may not be ideal for weight loss
- Plant proteins have a greater chance of containing heavy metals
What Users Are Saying
“I had been trying different products and it has been quite challenging to find probiotics that are dairy free also have prebiotics for overall gut health. The Ora works very good as part of my daily routine; you can feel overtime the difference in energy, less bloating, easier digestion. Highly recommend it. I’ve been taking them for almost a year now.”
“You get what you pay for. This protein powder is ehh. It’s not horrible. It would be better if it blended better. It does have somewhat of a powder taste even after blending. Not bad for the price.”
“I ordered the D3 and probiotics. They are easy to swallow and I love that they are organic and vegan. I’ve been happy with the results and feeling better after a week of taking the D3. So happy to find a great product that works.”
Bottom Line on Ora Organic Results
Ora Organic products are an optional addition to any lifestyle for energy, performance, and digestive health. Today, plant-based protein powders are just as popular as animal-derived ones. The increasingly sustainable and socially conscious diet trends are changing how protein powders are consumed. But, we can’t support a product 100% if there’s a chance it could hinder weight loss or contain dangerous heavy metals.
If you want to lose weight for good we suggest one of the best programs we’ve found in years – Noom. With Noom each user is partnered with a dedicated coach, support group, daily lessons & quizzes and more.
You’ve got nothing to lose because Noom is offering a free trial offer for a limited time. Get out there and start losing today!
|Ora Organic Customers Also Bought:
Free Trial Offer
|Explanation of Chart
Ora Organic Questions & Answers
Ora Organic is a company that provides plant-based nutrition products with a focus on sourcing organic ingredients and rigorous testing.
Ora Organic offers vegan, organic, and non-GMO plant-based products, including plant-based protein powders.
Yes, Ora Organic is a complete protein, which means that it contains all nine essential amino acids. Ora Organic’s plant-based proteins are made from organic peas, rice, and cranberries and have a high protein content along with healthy fats and dietary fiber. They are also free of added sugars, soy, dairy, gluten, GMOs, and other artificial ingredients. With its easy-to-digest formula and nutrient-dense benefits, Ora Organic is an excellent way to get your daily fill of essential amino acids.
Ora Organic’s plant-based protein has many health benefits, such as increased lean body mass, increased leg power and improved bone density. Studies have also found that combining plant and animal proteins or multiple plant-based proteins can provide protein characteristics that closely resemble those of animal proteins. Additionally, whey protein is just as effective as pea protein in regards to body composition, WOD performance, thickness of the muscle and more.
Yes, there are potential side effects from taking large doses of Ora Organic’s plant-based protein powder. These include nausea, cramping and bloating. Additionally, plant proteins have been shown to contain higher amounts of heavy metals compared to animal proteins which can cause serious health problems if ingested in large quantities. Moreover, it is important to keep in mind that protein powders are processed foods and their consumption should be limited for optimal health and weight loss.
Ora Organic can be purchased using their Official Site.
While whole food plant-based diets have been shown to improve weight loss, it is suggested that people eliminate all or most processed foods for optimal health and weight loss. A vegan diet was found to be the most effective for weight loss out of five plant-based diets.